Getting Started with CIMI
The CIMI Getting Started Guide will help you get acquainted with CIMI or get you on your way to becoming a productive contributor to the Open CIMI community.
Where can I find the model files?
CIMI models are maintained on two HL7 CIMI Github Repositories:
- You can find the current version of the models here
- You can find previous model submissions here
Where can I view the models?
What we call the CIMI Logical Model consists of two parts:
- The CIMI Reference Model. This model defines the structure of the logical model - that is, its classes and the properties of those classes. The latest version of the reference model (current build) can be viewed here .
- The CIMI Archetypes. Archetypes are constraints on the reference model such as terminology bindings, data type constraints, and cardinality constraints. The latest version of the archetypes (current build) can be viewed here .
What about CIMI Tooling?
There are three general categories of CIMI tools. Please note that CIMI tooling is currently in active development and is thus 'a work in progress'. They are listed below:
- HL7 Build Tools consist of all build tools to support model documentation and the publishing of CIMI models. They can be found on the HL7 CIMI Github site here .
- CIMI also fosters an open source community which contributes tooling to advance the CIMI initiative. These tools reside on the OpenCIMI Github site located here .
- Other contributors may also host CIMI tooling on their own repositories. A list of such tools will be published here in the future.
I would like to learn more about CIMI. Are there documents I could read?
If you are ready to fully immerse yourself in all things CIMI, we recommend reading the following document:
- The CIMI architecture and core principles are documented here.
The above documents are dense. How can I get quickly oriented with core CIMI concepts?
We are currently working on a set of tutorials to help get you oriented with the CIMI modeling approach. It will be available here soon.